After much tinkering and hacking around, I finally got it working. You can see the results on my beer website at http://www.oldmanales.co.uk/feat_OktoberFest07.asp
While writing this I came across a strange bug that seamed to effect IE6. I only started noticing it the last couple of days though, so maybe Google have been messing with the code.
Anyway, what would happen is when I loaded my map I got the little error icon at the bottom left corner of my browser. Double clicking it gave this error:
GIcon is undefinded
GIcon was the variable I was using to create a marker on the map that you can click and it would show a pop-up window.
I looked at a few posts, some suggested changing the version of the maps api, some building the icon differently and a couple more. However, the only one that worked for me was going into IE’s advanced settings and turning on allow HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections option.
Once I thought about the error I realised that I noticed it first when I checked the map at work, using a proxy server, and judging by the name of the setting it probably only happens when using a proxy to access the web.
I’m not entity sure what the setting means but i will look into it.
On the topic of the map, once I have finished it off all the features i want to put in it and I’ve tested it as much as possible i will post the code for it on here.