About Me and This Site
I work in the IT industry, currently for a national plastics manufacturer and retailer. I use this blog to post any useful pointers I come across, or anything I think might help people.
Most of my time is now taken up with programming (mainly c#), but I still do a bit of system admin as well
If you think there is any software I might find interesting, books worth reading or anything else to do with me or this site feel free to email me at email@example.com
Gaming Rig Setup
Last year, I decided it was time to move on from my trusty old Xbox360 back onto a PC platform for my gaming. This was mainly due to me not really being overly impressed with the next generation of consoles, the cost of the games on those platforms and the fact that more of my friends seemed to be moving that way. This is my current Rig Setup
- Case – Corsair Obsidian 350D. I liked the size and the fact it has a windowed side and it was the size I was after
- Motherboard – MSI Z87M-GAMING Micro-ATX
- CPU – Intel i5 4440. I am looking to change this for something in the K series so it can be overclocked
- RAM – 8G Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel
- PSU – Corsair RM Series 450W
- Graphics Card – MSI NVIDIA GTX 970 5 4GB. Just amazing for the price. Not clocked it yet so its running at stock, but will probably do it when Witcher 3 comes out!
- 2* SSD drives. I got one initially for running Windows but recently also moved my game installs. I’ll never go back to standard drives again!
- Keyboard – A Corsair K70
- Mouse – Logitech G402
- A red LED strip, and cable sleeves to improve the internal look of the PC. The case has got a window on after all!!